Sunday, November 06, 2011

End of Summer 2011

This is one of four puzzles that Ryan put together in a week! they were pretty difficult ones, but he did them so fast! I just don't have the patience for that many pieces...I'll stick to Nicole's 35 piece puzzles! :)
We went to the fair this summer and had a blast! Nicole and I went on so many rides together! This one, the Super Shot, is a lot like the rocket at Lagoon. It slowly raises you high in the air, then suddenly drops you to the ground so fast that you can't even scream (I know, I tried!)! This isn't a ride that I would normally pick, because I'm a big scaredy-cat. But Nicole insisted that we go on it together (she's a lot braver than I am!). Also note, the older couple riding next to Nicole - they were in their late 80's, I think!She was a little nervous, but still excited!
As we started going up, she was happy, but she got really nervous towards the top...

By the time we were getting off, she was shaking like crazy (as was I!)
She tried to hide her smile, because even though it was scary, she still insisted that we go on it one more time!!! Crazy girl! She thought the second time would be more fun and less scary, but after the second time she decided that she would enjoy the ride better when she was older! :)
Colie riding the kiddie coaster all by herself. I wish I would have been able to get a picture of her on this one with her hands in the air - she's such a cutie! :)
Cole and I coming out of the fun house through the spinning tunnel. I think Cole went through the fun house about 10 times in a row!
The Giant Slide! The guy running this "ride" told Nicole that the rule was she had to scream as loud as she could as she slid down - and she sure did! It was so funny! We went down about 15 times, and each time he encouraged her to scream louder. Then, as we were leaving the fair at the end of the day, he saw us and told Nicole that she had been the loudest screamer there all day! lol
The Ferris Wheel was our favorite ride. We both enjoy just sitting, talking, and looking out over the whole valley! :)
This is a fun one, but gets me a little dizzy... :)
We were laughing sooo hard on this ride! It was fun, except it jarred my back really bad...I'm getting too old... ;)
Nicole and I on Nicole's first day of school! (and one of my last days of work!) I can't believe how big she's getting!
Nicole and her papa on her first day of school!
I couldn't resist posting this one! We didn't get very many pictures on our camera when Ry's fam came to visit in September, but this one is of Tom and Kimberly making faces at the camera on Bob's MacBook. :) I also have a few of Tom and Kimberly doing the cookie face race, but I don't want them mad at me for posting those...they're pretty priceless! ;)
And, finally, Nicole on the day that she got her glasses. She loves those glasses, and she loves that she picked them out herself! What a cutie!

I'm so grateful for family!!!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Oh my goodness! I can't believe you posted that picture of us, but I love it! We are quite the crazy family! Looks like you guys have been having a lot of fun. Nicole looks more and more grown-up each time you post new pictures. Can't wait to see you guys at Christmas time!