I am sitting in front of our garage right now. Sitting on our big comfy couch (which has not sold yet), trying to sell a lot of our belongings. It's a little weird...
When we started our garage sale last weekend, I was looking forward to making enough money to cover our moving expenses - and it would be nice to get rid of a bunch of stuff so we have less to pack. Today, our last garage sale day, I'm just hoping to get rid of everything - Take Our Stuff!
It's been an emotional roller coaster, going through all of Nicole's baby clothes and things over and over (first to decide what to sell and what to keep, and again each time I have to reorganize things because people like to leave messes when they go through things). It's crazy to remember how little she used to be, and to think of how much she has grown!
One thing that I really don't get, is how people will get a bunch of stuff (which is already priced so low that it's ridiculous), and try to talk the price down even lower. Like my nice business jackets - they are now marked down to $0.50 a piece, and someone came in to buy three of them and asked if I could go any lower on the price! Really?! Why don't we just put up a sign that says, "Please, take our stuff - Everything for free!" ??? (actually...that might not be a bad idea if we can't empty out our garage by this afternoon...)
Anyone else having any interesting experiences with selling stuff?
No comments:
Post a Comment