Friday, January 18, 2013

Few days...few weeks...few months... Is there a difference?

I know I said I would be getting pictures posted and everything updated...but that hasn't happened yet!  Sorry!!!

When we got back from Idaho and I didn't have school anymore, I thought I'd have a lot of free time on my hands.  I probably could make more free time if I really tried, but I've been keeping myself so busy that it's easy to make excuses for putting off my blog updates. 

Things are going well, though!  Ryan is doing amazing at work - he's almost done with all of his CT comps, and he got his temporary license!!! -- so they are now giving him extra hours and actually paying him for them! (He still has to work the 40 hours a week for free, but the additional time he works for money.)  :)  The getting paid thing is nice, but that means we have less time together, which is a big bummer!

Nicole is still loving 1st grade.  She has an extra long weekend this weekend (no school today or Monday), so she's having a friend over for a play date this afternoon!  And, Nicole is doing awesome in gymnastics!  She's been moved up to level 4, which is the highest level in this little community class.  Right now she's working on front walk-overs (like a handspring, without the spring).

Tom is doing awesome at his externship, and we love having him around!  They've let him observe some surgeries, which is one of his most favorite things, and I hear he's a whiz at checking in patients.  The staff already wants him to move here so they can hire him full time! ;)  And he's a big help around the house, which keeps me motivated to stay on top of the chores.  But he misses his wife!!!  We wish Kimberly could be here, too!

Cheeto and Silly are making a little progress.  Cheeto has discovered that Silly is really a big pushover (even though she growls and hisses a lot).  If Cheeto just sticks up for herself a little, Silly will walk away.  I think that's made Silly even grumpier though. ;)  But we do occasionally find the two of them curled up together, taking a nap. :)

All-in-all, we are very blessed! :)  I don't know when I'll get around to posting pics from Christmas and birthdays, but I'll get there...some day! ;)

1 comment:

Becky Muench said...

I love your blogs. I use to be so good at posting on mine....for about a year, and then I just quit. Thanks for taking the time to share. Give Nicole a big hug and kiss from Grammy! I'm so proud of all of you! Mama Muench