Ryan worked really hard this year to earn enough money to send me, his mother, and all of his brother's wives to the Time Out for Women event in Idaho Falls. We went to both the Friday night and the Saturday sessions, and they were absolutely amazing!!! I laughed, and I cried, and I had a really great time. I loved spending time with Becky, Amy, Kimberly, and Shaini! :) And I wished that so many other people that I love had been able to be there and be inspired by the speakers and music.
The theme of Time Out this year is "Higher." It's about doing little things to bring yourself closer to God and our Savior. We were challenged to choose just one thing that we would work on to improve ourselves. For me, that one thing was really difficult. This may sound silly, but I chose to delete the games off of my phone. We're supposed to avoid addictions, and I think that extends beyond food and drug addictions. So, for me, choosing to get rid of those games was very tough. I even caught myself arguing with myself -- they're really not that big of a deal...I only waste a little time on playing them...they're so nice to have when I'm waiting or have nothing else to do...etc.... But, really, they are unnecessary, and I can do so many better things with my time! I'm already feeling withdrawals... It's not easy, but I'm going to stick this out!
Thanks, Ry, for sacrificing to send us to this incredible event!
And thanks to my parents for taking care of Nicole so we could have this fun weekend!
And thanks to the Muench ladies for making this such a fun and memorable weekend for me!
:) :) :)
No comments:
Post a Comment