Yesterday, Nicole and Ryan had a 30 minute conversation by text message (Ryan was at work, and Nicole was at home with me). Nicole was so excited at every text that Ryan sent, and she planned her responses carefully. Here's a small snippet:
Nicole: I don't think you'll find me when you get home! I'll be in my special hiding place!
Ryan: Ruh roh raggy. I will have to sniff you out!
Nicole: Silly Daddy! You're not scooby doo...are you?
Ryan: Refinitely raggy
Nicole: So you'll have big brown spots and you'll be a puppy? Oooo! Nice puppy! I love puppy! Puppy, can I call you pizza?
Ryan: What? You crazy girl!
Nicole: Oh! That means yes! Pizza, do you want some hot dogs? Or should I call you pussy cat?
Ryan: I am so confused. Are we eating hot dogs tonight or pussy cats?
Lol - I wish I had been recording Nicole during this time -- how she waited anxiously for each response to come from Ryan, how she laughed at his silliness and dictated to me how to write her responses ("make sure you do the three dots here, mom!"). It was priceless! :)
On Sunday, we were all sitting in Cole's room, and I was reading aloud from a book (Beyonders: Chasing the Prophecy). Suddenly, at a really intense part in the book, Nicole starts singing/humming. At first I was confused as to what she was doing, but then I realized that she was adding background music, like they do in the movies, to intensify the suspense! Lol - Ryan and I couldn't stop laughing - her "music" was very effective, and we were so impressed at her creativity! :)
One more, and then I'll be done for today. ;)
Last night, as we were getting ready for family prayer, Ryan was teasing Nicole. Playfully, she spanked him, and then she acted totally shocked and said, "Wow, Dad! Your bum's as hard as a rock!" Lol - it took me a while to stop laughing and get back into the right mood for prayers. What can I say, my husband has a nice butt! ;)
1 comment:
Oh my goodness! You made my day!
Post a Comment