Mitzi and Jaren are moving today, and I am pretty much heart-broken! The baby shower yesterday was beautiful, and I had a great time, but I was also holding back tears the whole time because I couldn't stop thinking about how Mitzi and Jaren are moving 15+ hours away! I don't know when I'll get to see them or their baby (when he makes his big arrival) again. If I had the money, I'd do something crazy (like fly to Arizona so I could be there to help them unload and unpack their stuff when they arrive...and then stay for a few months)... *sigh*
Ok, enough of my whining!
Hope you enjoy the pictures! They were all taken with my phone, so they're not as nice as they would be if I'd had my camera, but oh well! Also, please excuse my over-use of words like 'cute' and 'adorable' -- it's a baby shower, what do you expect?! ;) lol
Best wishes, Mitzi & Jaren!!! Love you!!!
First off, I must say: Brandi did an INCREDIBLE job on this event!!! All of the little details were perfectly sweet and beautiful! :) I love how she put some of the food dishes up on little alphabet blocks! All of the food was delicious (as you can probably tell just by looking at it in these pictures!). ;)
There was a green salad, a pasta salad (made with bow tie pasta to go along with the theme "Little Man"), sugar cookies to make our own individual fruit pizzas, a huge variety of fresh fruit and veggies, and assorted treats. :)
Aren't these pacifier candies so cute?! :)
All of the serving dishes were so pretty! The whole meal looked professionally catered!
I'm a little proud of these adorable veggie cups, because I helped Micah fill them with ranch and cut up the carrots for them. :)
Sorry this wasn't the best shot, but I was trying to get the whole banner in. It's a string of neck ties and bow ties, and the neck ties spell out "Little Man." So cute and creative!!! :)
Brandi spent all night making these super adorable blocks! And the top hat gives them the perfect finishing touch! :)
The brownies had a gooey marshmallow center -- soooo yummy!!! :)
Mitzi's cute toes. She's to the point where all she can wear on her feet are flip flops, which will probably be best anyway in that Arizona heat!

Here's a few shots of Heather, Shaini, and McKenna (sorry if I spelled her name wrong) having fun with the lips and mustaches. :) These were used for a game where Brandi read off facts from either Mitzi's or Jaren's life as babies, and the guests of the party had to guess who the fact was about (holding up the lips if they thought it was a fact about Mitzi, and holding up the mustache if they thought it was a fact about Jaren). It was fun! :)
Here are a few shots of Mitzi opening gifts, etc... I had to put this one up first, because she's holding the blanket that I crocheted for her little man. ;)
Isn't that the cutest little monkey?! :) I thought so!

One of the neatest ideas was having the guests write little messages and jokes on a bunch of diapers, so that Mitzi and Jaren will have some good laughs in the coming months when they're so far away from all of us. I think the idea is to mix these diapers in with the other diapers they'll be using, so the funny and sweet messages will be spread out instead of used up all at once. Little reminders of how much they are loved and missed! :)
That pretty blue blanket was knitted by Kara, and it's hard to tell from this shot, but that diaper bag on the right is one of the cutest diaper bags ever!!! :)
Here's Mitzi, organizing the gifts. These cute outfits were from Jaren's mom. :)
And, for favors, we were given these IBC soft drinks decorated with adorable "neck ties," and chocolate cigars.
Now, tell me, have you ever seen a cuter baby shower?! :) :) :) :) :)



























No comments:
Post a Comment