Saturday, September 21, 2013

10 Weeks!

Today I have reached the 10-week mark in this, my second, pregnancy!  Our baby is now about an inch and a half long!  I have been nauseous constantly since about week 7, but yesterday was the first time that I actually threw up.  Ugh!  It seems to be getting worse!  Of course, it doesn't help that I'm also recovering from a nasty cold, so I'm still a bit congested and I'm dealing with a lingering cough.  In the end, though, it is all completely worth it, and I'm just so ecstatic that God has blessed us with the opportunity to have another baby!  :)  :)  :)

Ryan is still waiting to hear if he will get the job that he really wants.  The only reason we've made it this far without a steady income is by God's tender mercies, so we are trying to have faith that the right job will come at the right time - whether it's this job or not.  They won't be making a decision on the job until the end of next week, but we would still appreciate all of your thoughts and prayers in our behalf! Ryan has been applying to practically every job opening that comes along - from Pizza Hut Delivery Driver to Front Desk Receptionist - but still has no promising options, except for this CT Tech position (which is his dream job).  Fortunately, he's been able to work odd jobs to earn a little money to help pay the bills, but with fall & winter rolling in, those odd jobs are ending.


Our garden did a lot better than I expected this year!  We harvested about 10 times the amount of tomatoes in the picture above!  And we were bombarded with zucchini, as well!  We got 3 or 4 good-sized cucumbers, a ton of fresh basil and chives (YUM!), and we still have 3 pumpkins growing on their vines (hopefully they'll all make it!).  Our baby watermelons all died, except for the one that surprised us -- it came seemingly out of no where, and it was suddenly the size of a quarter!  But, with the weather turning cold, we're not sure if it will survive to grow any bigger.

I was so excited to finally have a garden this year!  But about 3 weeks ago, I gained this intense aversion to fresh produce.  :(  The sight, thought, or smell of our harvest made me sick to my stomach!  I had to avoid the kitchen because of the produce sitting on the counter, and now I'm afraid that most of it will go to waste because I just can't stomach the thought of preparing it for storage!  :(  So, if anyone wants some cucumbers, tomatoes, or zucchini, please let me know!


Ryan took this picture of Link yesterday.  It's her classic sleeping position - she has a thing for hanging over the edges of furniture.  So adorable! :)


Little Miss Nicole is loving second grade still!  And she loves coming home each afternoon and calling, "Cheeto!  Cheeto Bandito!  Momma's home!"  ;)  And then Cheeto comes running to her and allows herself to be picked up and carried around for a bit.  Cheeto has become a lot friendlier to me, now that Nicole is missing from the house for most of the day - I really think she misses Nicole a lot when she's gone.  Somedays (when I spend the majority of the day in bed), Cheeto will sleep in my lap for hours at a time!  She never used to do that before school started!  But when Nicole is home, Cheeto won't have much to do with me.  ;)


Link hasn't seemed to notice anything different about Cole being gone -- but then she's always been more attached to Ryan than to either of us girls.  She's still a bully, and likes to push us humans around until we consent to petting her.

No comments: