Thursday, March 06, 2014

6 Weeks?!?!?!?!?!?

Oh My Goodness!!!  I am almost 34 weeks along…which means I only have about 6 weeks left (give or take) of being pregnant!!!  Where has all the time gone?!

Fortunately, we've been steadily working towards preparing for the baby over the last few months, and things are coming together nicely, so I'm not totally stressed out (mostly just excited!!!).  :)  Thanks to my awesome in-laws, we now have a lay-z-boy in our bedroom for me to use for those night-feedings.  We also have our pack-n-play (one of the few things we kept from Nicole's early years) set up in our room, a great little bouncer (from our amazing landlords) to use around the house for the first few months, and an exer-saucer (from Ryan's aunt and cousins) for when Rebecca gets old enough to sit up by herself.  :)  My lovely parents got us the cutest travel system (infant carseat and stroller), which Ryan has already put together and tested out.  :)  My incredible cousin, Maren, is working on making me a custom nursing cover, which I can't wait to see, and I got a great deal on a carseat canopy/cover, which should be arriving tomorrow.  :)  A couple days ago we finally found a diaper bag that we like (it's not perfect, but it didn't cost an arm and a leg, and it's really cute!), and I got it all packed last night -- now I just need to pack my own bag for the hospital, but I'm not in any rush… ;)

The phrase that runs through my mind constantly lately is "There's no room in the inn!" Rebecca is definitely running out of room!  According to general estimates, she is over 4 pounds now!  And even though my stomach doesn't look huge, I feel like it couldn't possibly stretch any more.  Rebecca hangs out mostly on my right side, making me look lop-sided, and seems to enjoy trying to make more room for herself by simultaneously pushing down on my right hip and up on the right side of my rib cage…OUCH!  ;)  She's been getting the hiccups more often lately, which is fun to watch, and she still likes to tease Nicole and Ryan by kicking a bunch and then holding completely still whenever they put their hands on my tummy to feel.  I've been finding it more difficult to breathe (as is to be expected when your lungs are being crowded out by another being), and still have a lot of pretty hard contractions each day.

I tried to take some baby bump pictures this morning, but, as you can imagine, that's a little difficult to do without a mirror.  I was holding my phone out as far as I could, and trying to keep it steady while tapping the screen to take the shot.  So, they're not the greatest pics, but you get the general idea, right? ;)





Other news:

We finally took our two little kittens (Cheeto and Link) to get them microchipped, and transferred them and their belongings to our garage so they can be outdoor cats instead of indoor cats.  Now we should have a LOT less cat fur to be cleaned up around the house!  Unfortunately, Cheeto (Little-Miss-Curiousity-Incarnate), has ran off somewhere…we haven't seen her for a couple days!  I'm assuming that she jumped the fence in our backyard and was unable to get back over it…  I really hope she's ok!  Link and Nicole are both heartbroken, and we've been praying constantly that she'll return home soon…

One of my dearest friends, who is pregnant and due at the end of this month, was life-flighted across Oregon last week because her baby's heartbeat was only half the rate it should be.  Now she's being kept in the hospital until the doctors can decide if/when they'll do a C-section, while her husband is back at home with their 7 other kids.  Please remember the Rasmussen family in your prayers!  Love you guys!!!

No comments: