Friday, April 11, 2014

Still no baby!

Well, we went to the doc yesterday morning, and I was not induced.  I have dilated 1-2 cm, but that's about it.  We're just trying to wait patiently for things to kick into a higher gear.  It's most frustrating because of Ryan's work schedule -- it would be best if Rebecca is born while he is not working…  But in the end, all we can really do is trust in God's timing, and pray that things work out the way they're meant to!

I've been working out more, and doing plenty of walking, with the hopes that the exercise will get things moving faster.  Contractions have still been increasing in intensity, and sometimes in frequency.  Nicole is getting more and more excited for Rebecca's arrival, and is praying each morning that it will be Grandma who picks her up from school that afternoon instead of me (because that would mean that I'm in the hospital having Rebecca).  Yesterday at school she was telling everyone that I might be having the baby, so it seemed like all of the kids (and even Nicole's teacher) were disappointed to see me picking her up from school in the afternoon.  My mood/emotions swing wildly from disappointment to acceptance, making stops at several places in between.  Yesterday, I was just so happy to be able to spend more time with Ryan, since he's on his 7-days-off right now.  But, at the same time, I really want Rebecca to get here so I have Ryan's help to get settled with our new little one before he starts working again on Wednesday.

So, our hospital bag is all packed, and we are trying to find little projects around the house to keep ourselves busy while we wait.  Yesterday Ryan spent a couple of hours weeding a small patch of one of our flower beds.  I'm sad that I didn't get a before picture, but just picture it completely overrun with nasty weeds (the kind that have roots 50 miles long and stubbornly refuse to be pulled out of the ground).  Now you can see the pretty daffodils (and I think there might be some tulips there, too).  Here's the after picture:


And, while Nicole waits to meet her little sister, she's been giving lots of extra attention to the cats.  Silly has really warmed up to Nicole these past few weeks, and she even let Nicole carry her around the house!  Silly was purring loudly the entire time.  :)



Tomorrow marks 39 weeks…hopefully we'll have some great news soon!!!

1 comment:

Becky Muench said...

The days of waiting will soon be over and you will be wishing she was back inside where you didn't have to get up several times in the middle of the night to calm her crying. Time goes by quickly when you are not waiting. It goes by so slowly when you are waiting. We are praying for all to be well with you and our new little arrival into our family. Oh so excited!!!