Saturday, February 07, 2015

Home Improvement

Now that we own our own home, we are constantly reminded that we "own our own money-pit". Oh, how true it is!  Our "wants" list is about a mile long!  We find ourselves wishing that we had the budget to work on more home improvement projects, but it's going to have to go really slowly for a while.

Today, my ever-handy husband figured out how to fix all of our closet doors.  They are bi-fold doors, but they're metal, so they're pretty heavy.  The guide post in each door (top and bottom) was broken, so none of the doors stayed in their tracks.  After Ryan pulled all of the doors off to make sure that was the case with each of them, we went to Lowe's and bought out all of that type of guide post that they had in stock.  Then we went to Home Depot and bought a couple from them, too, so we would have enough.  It was a pretty easy fix, costing just over $30 in all.  But now I have a question for you: have you ever really looked at the inside of your closet doors?  Maybe this doesn't apply to you, but I don't think these closet doors have been cleaned since they were originally hung when this house was built in the 70's!!! Want to see?




EWWWWWWW!!!! Right?!?!  Yeah, we were pretty disgusted!  There have been a lot of things in this house that have needed major cleaning, so we shouldn't have been surprised… but it left me wondering, who ever really thinks: "hmmm…I guess I'll clean the inside of my closet doors today."?

Fortunately, these only needed to be "dusted" off with the vacuum, and that didn't take long.




They're not perfectly clean, but hey -- it's the inside of the closet door, right?  ;)  I wish I would've taken pictures of the inside (and outside) of the kitchen cabinets before Ryan spent two whole days scrubbing them clean!  They were nasty!!!

Well, I'm sure we'll be posting more before and after pics as we gradually improve our new home.  Hope you enjoy! ;)  :)

No comments: