Thursday, July 11, 2019

Miracles

My heart is so full!!!💜💜💜
<3 p="">
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has some excellent resources when it comes to finding answers to life's greatest and hardest questions. (See churchofjesuschrist.org) One great resource is called the Bible Dictionary, which defines a lot of words, names, and concepts found in the King James version of the Bible. In the Bible Dictionary, under the entry for "Miracles" it says in part:

  • Miracles should not be regarded as deviations from the ordinary course of nature so much as manifestations of divine or spiritual power. Some lower law was in each case superseded by the action of a higher.
  • Miracles were and are a response to faith and its best encouragement. They were never wrought without prayer, felt need, and faith.
  • Miracles are a part of the gospel of Jesus Christ. If miracles cease it is because faith has ceased.
Today I witnessed a miracle!

While Ryan had his eyes open, I played a DVD of family videos that Ryan had compiled back in 2010. It contains many "Muench Classics," and lots of family laughing. After a particularly funny clip, I noticed Ryan smiling, and I told him how much I missed him and blew him a kiss. His lips moved briefly, as if he was trying to speak, and then he blew a kiss back to me!!! My heart stopped! He hasn't moved his mouth like that in two weeks! Quickly I grabbed his hand and said, "Did you just blow me a kiss, Ryan?! Can you give me more kisses?!" and after only a brief moment, he did it again!!! I asked him several more times, and each time he responded by making the kissing sound with his lips! And when I told him again how much I loved him, his lips moved again as if he were trying to speak. When his nurse and CNA came in a few minutes later, I quickly showed them Ryan's new trick, and they were so excited!

It wasn't until 10 or 15 minutes later when I realized that I hadn't gotten Ryan's kiss on video, and by then he was pretty drowsy. I woke him up and got him to respond to me one more time, for the record. I will try to post the video here, but please note I have had trouble getting videos to work in the past...


No comments: