Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Sweet Dreams

Last night was a MUCH better night for Ryan! He slept much better, and when he was awake, he wasn't kicking nearly as much or as hard.

We had a good conversation this morning. I asked Ryan if he remembered why he was in the hospital, and he got a confused look on his face. I asked if he wanted me to tell him what happened, and he nodded. So I rehearsed the story to him again, and he seemed to understand, but he didn't seem as emotional about it as when I told him a few days ago. Then I asked if he remembered Bobby and Shaini coming by the other day to visit, and he nodded his head. I asked what Bobby hit Will with, and he mouthed the word "balloon". So he does have some short-term memory at least.

This morning, as Ryan has been dozing, he keeps smiling. I wish I knew what he was dreaming about, but whatever it is, I'm glad he's feeling happy. :)

His urine had quite a bit of blood in it over the weekend, but it seemed to clear up yesterday after we stopped one of his blood thinners. But this morning he has a little more blood in his urine again. And his platelet levels are still high (at 1100, when the max they like to see is 450).

Ryan had his final dose of antibiotics last night, so tomorrow they will check to make sure the infection is completely cleared. If it is all clear, then Ryan will be able to go outside for small stretches. :) That will be nice!

Ryan's dad is here now, playing his guitar and singing for Ryan. 💜 Music and family. 💙💚💛

God is good!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Jenni,
My name is Courtney Isom. My husband Daniel and his family were really close to the muench family growing up. After his parents and sister were killed in a car crash he didnt see everyone very often as he got moved to utah. We love you guys and pray for you daily. But we now live in eagle mountain. Its around an hour away from bountiful where ryan is currently at. But i just wanted to let you know that if any of you ever need a place to stay you can stay with us for free and we will even provide some meals :) it wont help much with the distance factor but at least you wouldnt have to spend money on a hotel. We have 2 little gorls who are 4 and 2 and a room just for toys so im sure your girls would have fun! Text me anytime if you would like to come and stay with us. 208-569-6255