Thursday, December 17, 2020

It's Coming On Christmas!

 Oh! How I love this time of year! It's snowing big, sloppy flakes outside, and I absolutely love it! This Christmas we're aiming to be more focused on our Savior and less-focused on gifts and food. We had originally wanted to plan a family trip instead of giving gifts this year, but because of the pandemic and lack of funds, the trip isn't going to happen. We can still look forward to next year, and be grateful for our warm, comfy house. (I'm glad I can edit this because I am much more prone to whining and complaining the first time around...but I really have much to be thankful for, and I don't want to be a complaining person.)

Ryan has had some additional health issues, along with some good news. His small intestine has healed and looks MUCH better now than it did a year ago. He still has Celiac Disease, but it's good to know that sticking to a gluten-free diet has made a difference. We thought with his intestine being healed, he would be able to stop taking iron supplements, but apparently there's another issue causing his low iron levels and after a completely miserable month suffering from severe anemia he is going back on the iron supplements. Hopefully he'll be feeling quite a bit better by Christmas.


 
 

We had lots of fun hunting for our Christmas tree this year. Some kind friends lent us their truck so we didn't have to risk getting our Prius stuck in the mountains. :) We ended up picking a very steep mountainside to hike up, and with Ryan not so good at balancing, he did a lot of "hugging" the mountain (i.e. falling, stumbling, and climbing on hands and knees). He's such a good sport, and has a great sense of humor! Despite the cold and wet, we all enjoyed the time together, and we picked a tree that ended up being bent more than we'd realized. :D (Each year our trees have such character!) The tree's trunk is so curved that we had to hang our star from the ceiling! :D



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

We celebrated Nicole's birthday, and she was thoroughly spoiled by family and friends. I can't believe she is 15!


 

We also had fun building sugar-cube houses in matching pajamas! :D I've been wanting to get matching pj's for a few years now, and this year it finally happened. They're so cozy! :)

After frolicking through the mountains, Sappy's fur was covered with burrs. Nicole did her best to get them out, but Sappy needed a trim anyway, so we took her to the groomer's. When she was all done, they put Christmas bows in her hair! :D We aren't used to seeing her look so formal! 😂😂😂

We want to thank all of you for your continued love and support! We feel so blessed to be where we are today, and we know it's due in large part to your many prayers on our behalf! We hope you have a very Merry Christmas!!! 🎄🌟💝

No comments: