Has it really only been one month since I posted that little update...?!?! Oh boy!!! A lot has happened in the past month. Are you ready for another update?
Right after my last post, I was asked to serve as 1st Counselor in the Relief Society Presidency in our ward. I accepted that call, but feel incredibly inadequate -- especially since I don't know many of the ward members and I still don't speak Spanish! But I feel comforted in knowing that the new Relief Society President also does not speak Spanish, so we will learn together. :) I haven't served in a Relief Society Presidency since we lived in Klamath Falls, more than a decade ago! ((If you would like to learn more about what "Relief Society" is, please follow this link: https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/manual/gospel-topics/relief-society?lang=eng ))
The day before I was set apart in my new calling ("set apart" means given a special blessing with guidance for new responsibilities and power from the Lord to do the things He's asking me to do), I received an even bigger surprise!
Yes, that is what you think it is!!! 😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😵 Ryan and I were both in shock! Although we've both wanted more children, we'd come to accept that maybe that just wasn't God's plan for us. But now, 10 years after we found out we were pregnant with Becca, here we go again!!!
Because of my age, there's a higher risk of miscarriage, so we decided to wait a while before revealing our news. I ordered necklaces for our three girls (Nicole, Julia, and Becca) that each said "Big Sis". Then, this week we gave them their "back-to-school gifts" to see what they thought. 😄 Let's see if I can get this video clip of their reactions to upload properly...
I'm sorry if the quality is poor... I hope the sound works right! Becca's reaction was especially priceless. :) It took Julia a little longer to really understand what was going on. She thought we were giving them "Big Sis," "Middle Sis," and "Little Sis" necklaces, and that we'd gotten them mixed up somehow. 😂
Before revealing our news to anyone, we went on an impromptu road trip with Ryan's dad all the way to Michigan to visit Uncle Jim! Nicole and Julia had to stay home to work and attend FSY, so it was just me, Ryan, and Becca accompanying Grandpa. Becca and I had never met Uncle Jim before, and we arrived just in time to celebrate his 72nd birthday! 💜 It was an amazing trip! We're so glad we were able to go! Sadly, I'm having trouble getting pictures off of my Apple phone onto my non-Apple computer (if anyone has any tried and true tips/tricks for that, please let me know...I'm out of space on my phone, but I don't want to lose these photos and videos!). I was able to get a few pictures from our trip to transfer to my computer though, so here they are:
When we got back to Idaho, we picked up Nicole and Julia from FSY and went on a quick road trip through Yellowstone National Park. I hadn't been there in many years, and Julia had never been there. It was a really great day (albeit exhausting and full of road construction and too many tourists)! 😅
| The sun was in our eyes...not the greatest picture... ;) |
| That is Old Faithful in the background, but it blended in with the clouds... |
After that, Nicole had a good friend come visit for a week. Then we tried to cram in back-to-school shopping and doctor and dentist appointments. We're also planning for Julia's parents to come visit in a couple of weeks, so there's lots to prepare for! A nephew was baptized, and there's just been so much going on that my head is still spinning!
One last photo to help it feel real.............
| That little bean is our baby! Head on the left, hands and feet sticking up at the top. |
1 comment:
A baby! Wow! Congratulations!
Post a Comment