
Photograph 1 - Framing within the frame and Forced Visual Relationships. In this one I used the cement behind the subject to create a frame for the sign. I think the handlebars at the bottom add a nice touch, especially with the reflection of them in the sign.

Photograph 2 - Framing within the Frame and Depth of Field. I used the flowers to frame the bricks, but this is also and example of depth of field, where the blossoms at the top are out of focus because they are closer.

Photograph 3 - Pattern. This one is pretty self-explanatory.

Photograph 4 - Texture. The bark on the tree has an interesting texture. I also like how the brown of the trunk contrasts with the new branch that is sprouting out, though I realize I shouldn't have placed the edge of the tree trunk so close to the center of the photograph.
1 comment:
Jennifer,
After reviewing your images I have some comments and suggestions for you: First I see that several of the photos show that you are thinking about and implementing the principles of design and composition that we discussed in class. In particular there are several examples of using the rule of thirds to create a more interesting, balanced, and fluid composition. One photo that you chose not to use the rule of thirds on would have been stronger if you had used it instead. I am referring to the tree trunk with the leaf. The composition splits the frame into nearly equal halves along the vertical axis, and the leaf is very close to center. The photo becomes an image of the tree, and an image of the background. Using thirds would have put the emphasis on the dominate shape and de-emphasized the subordinate one.
I should also say ‘Thank you’ for posting your runners up photos. It does show me that you are doing more than the minimum and that you are serious about your education. Please keep it up!. I am quite interested in seeing your photos from your ‘trek.’
Post a Comment