Thursday, May 17, 2007

Assignment #3 - Light

I had so many pictures to choose from on this one, so I'm also going to post some runners up (again). I made most of these files really small for the convenience of uploading them quickly, but I still have the normal files on my computer if anyone wants a better copy to look at. And now, my top choices:

Photograph 1 - Eagle Landing
This photograph was taken around 1:30 in the afternoon on a partly cloudy day. I love this sculpture.

Photograph 2 - Eagle Landing Silhouette
This same view as photograph 1 was taken around 8:30 pm, with the sun setting behind the subject. I love the silhouette effect, and because of the faster shutter speed, you are still able to see the clouds in the sky. In other ones I took at this same time, I over-exposed so you could see more detail on the subject, but it made the sky really white, and I didn't like that effect as much.

Photograph 3 - Fluorescent (?) Light Source
The water falling in this photo is lighted by the setting sun and the smaller light shining up from below. I think those lights are fluorescent, but I'm not certain. But I really like this photo, so I hope it works for this part of the assignment.

Photograph 4 - CRT Light Source
This 'yellow' rose is lit by my TV screen, and I think it looks really cool. :) The other roses in the background are various colors, but obviously you can't see their true color because of the light they're reflecting.

No comments: