Ok, it's well past time for another update! We had a pretty nice Valentine's Day. The Olympics has been lots of fun to watch lately (I especially love the figure skating!). Ryan is still doing really well in school! I finally got to see Annalysa again, and meet her handsome little boy! :) And we really enjoyed having my mother visit and help us out! We are very blessed!!!
The results on my thyroid came back as cancerous. The doctor said it was diagnosed as a "follicular variant of papillary carcinoma". I will be seeing the oncologist on Thursday, and following up with the surgeon next Monday to see what comes next.
And now for the pictures!

This pictures is a little blury, but it was taken after the first surgery. You can still see the marker, and it's all taped up. They didn't use tape after the second surgery because the adhesive does not do nice things to my skin!

This is right before the second surgery - it was healing up quite nicely...

And this is a couple days after the second surgery. I really bruised up badly after this one - not sure why - but the bruises are gone now, so it's all good. And this last one is pretty much the same view - don't know why I put both of them here, but I did. :p
PS - I do have two pictures of my neck wide open during the second surgery, but I think they are too gross to post here. But they are pretty interesting...so, if you would like to see them, comment here or shoot me an e-mail and I will e-mail them to you. And don't say I didn't warn you! :p :)
1 comment:
Many thanks for NOT posting the open neck pictures. I'm cool with seeing a little bit of blood and I might even watch them put in my IV at the hospital, but other than than, I'm a weinie. Good thing I've never seen an epidural needle in action WOO!
Post a Comment