Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Just trying to keep my head above water...

Cortisol is bad for you. Stress creates cortisol. I need to lessen the stress a little!!!

The girl that we hired last week, whom we absolutely adore, is making this Friday her last day with us! She received a better job offer from another company. Heather and I are going crazy!!! Now we have to start all over again - find two people to hire and train... I don't know how much more of this we can handle! Especially since almost everyone who qualifies is requesting a salary bigger than the branch manager's!

On top of that, we received the announcement of what the company bonus would be this fall. Every six months we can receive a bonus, depending on the company's performance/improvement. I was secretly hoping it would be enough to cover the rest of our bills for the next two months (since Ryan's financial aid was cut), but alas - it's only .44% of the last six months of my salary. If I'm lucky, that will pencil out to about $20 after the government takes their cut. I know I shouldn't complain, but wow... Our last bonus was an unheard of 33%, so I guess I should have known this one wouldn't be nearly as fabulous.

I really miss my friends. I really miss my family. Seriously, my parents just visited, but it feels like we haven't seen anyone in months and months! We miss you guys!!!!!!!!!

Ok, enough moping for me!

On the bright side (yes, I'm a little sadistic) - we have awaken to snow on the ground the past two mornings! :) I love winter, and I love snow! I wasn't expecting to see any snow until January! Granted, the snow melted before mid-day, but it was there! It sure made getting ready yesterday morning a breeze, because Nicole and I were both so happy to see the snow! :)

I have pictures of the pumpkins we decorated that I need to get posted. Maybe this weekend I'll find the time to do a major picture post. Ryan carved the best pumpkin he's ever done! It looked amazing! All vampiric, with scars across it's face! I'm glad I got pictures of it though, because we set it outside, and with this crazy weather we've been having, the teeth on his pumpkin shrivelled up, so it looks like an old toothless man now! :)

Nicole is going to be Tinker Bell for Halloween, and she cannot wait for this weekend! I'll be sure to get pictures of her, as well! :)

Love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Becky Muench said...

I'm so sorry that you are so far away, especially when all this "stuff" is going on. But try to remember that "this too shall pass". There will come a time when you'll be able to look back and "do you remember when?" For now tho, know that WE miss you guys like crazy and it seems like forever since we've seen you too. We love you so much! Hang in there!