Did you know that they have now put the Personal Progress Program online?! YAY!!!!!!!! :) :) :)
I was on the church website last week when I saw that the entire Personal Progress Program is now online (still in beta testing, but that's ok!)! I never completed Personal Progress when I was a Young Woman. All I ever got was my Beehive medallion (and apparently they don't even do that anymore). I was so excited to find out that I can now complete the entire program! And when I told my visiting teaching companion about it, she was very excited for me. She told me that when I complete it, she will personally buy me the medallion. Not that the medallion is important, but it gives me another something to work toward. :)
Really, this is what I have been needing in my life right now. In General Conference we were advised to get back to the basics. Well, this is the basics. Simple steps in an easy to follow format that will help me increase my faith and understanding. I've been working on the value of faith for the past week, and it's amazing to me how the simple truths of the gospel, things that I've known all my life, can be re-learned in such poignant ways. I guess I never realized the importance of continual study of basic gospel principles!
We are so blessed!!!
Now I will focus on the little things that will enrich my life and strengthen my faith. Things are really tough right now. Life is stressful and the economy is awful. Everyone we know is struggling to find the money to meet their needs. We don't even know where we'll get the money to make it through the next two months. But we pay a full tithe, and I have faith that the Lord will bless us. Things will all work out if we continue to strive to do what is right. Ryan keeps us on track by having us read the Book of Mormon each evening as a family. Nicole keeps us on track by reminding us to pray daily. And I am trying to be a good example for my family, as well. We can do this. With the Lord, we can do all things!
I am so grateful for my Savior, who suffered all things for me. In the eyes of the Lord, I am worth it. I am a daughter of God. He loves me. He knows me. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment