Ryan's birthday was Friday! :) He's soooo old now! j/k :) 26 years old.
His birthday was pretty fun. He had an exam in the morning, so I went to work for an hour and a half, and then took the rest of the day off so we could be together. We went shopping, played games, and just hung out together. It was really nice. We picked up Nicole early from school and watched Despicable Me - good movie! I love my family!!!
Yesterday was Pizza Challenge day. The girls at work and I got together at a pizza place here in town to try the Super Collosal Pizza Challenge. It's a 26-inch, 3-topping pizza, and us five women had an hour to get it down. I'm ashamed to say that we didn't make it. We ended up with about 4 1/2 slices left. But it was fun! (pics to come)
I really can't believe how big Nicole is getting! And so smart, too! She pulled out her journal last night and started writing about how it was such a good day and she really liked playing with Mom and Dad in her bedroom. She was just sounding things out and writing the letters she thought made the words she wanted. She wrote, "I HD A GT DAY i LAiKE iT aWs" Which means: "I had a good day. I liked playing in my room. It was a good day." :)
We've been getting rain like crazy for the last half of the week and all weekend. I wish it was cold enough for snow, but it is nice not having to scrape my car windows in the morning!
Church is now starting at 11 - which is super nice! I love being able to sleep in a little bit, but still having time in the afternoon to be together with family. This afternoon we are making Ry's birthday dinner - mashed potatoes and gravy, rolls, chicken, and corn. Yum yum! :) And tomorrow I don't have work, and Ryan doesn't have school, so we get another day to hang out together! :) I think I'm gonna drag Ryan to the Y in the morning so we can work out together. I love working out with my hubby! :) We are blessed! :) :) :)
2 comments:
Pizza Challenge Day? No wonder the weight isn't falling off ;) Ah, I am kidding. Weight loss isn't worth giving up everything. Hence, it has taken me almost 2 years to lose 10-15 lbs...
Thanks for watching my blog, and being prepared to nudge me!!!
How fun....the pizza challenge...and the birthday fun days. I especially enjoyed hearing about Nicole writing in her journal. My goodness she's growing up!
Post a Comment