We have never been this sick before! And all at once - it's awful!!!
I am so grateful that I've been able to stay home though - the thought of trying to make it through work while feeling this way makes me shudder. And Nicole has really appreciated having me home with her - even if we are both sick. She asks me to read to her, but I've lost my voice, so that doesn't work. Instead we snuggle together on the hide-a-bed and listen to Grandma and Grandpa Hollinger read to us (they've recorded a couple of books on CD for Nicole so she can hear them any time she wants).
Nicole is such a good girl. Even though she's sick, she doesn't whine and complain too much. I don't know where she gets her energy! And Ryan is amazing - I don't know how he's making it through classes each day - I guess it's a good thing he started getting sick first so he could get over it sooner and make it to school.
My visiting teaching companion is such a sweetheart! She brought us over some homemade applesauce, homemade concorde grape juice, and a bunch of movies that Nicole hasn't seen. The applesauce was the best applesauce I have ever tasted, and it felt soooo good on my throat! (it's all gone now.) And the grape juice is delicious! :)
Thank goodness it's Friday! This is my third day being absent from work, and it feels sooo weird! They had to call someone to come over from Bend to cover for me, because we're short-staffed (even without me being gone). I really hate not being able to be at work and help out, but I know that I would not be any help if I were there now. I just need to get feeling better! I've already used up more than half of my available sick leave!
When it's all said and done, I know we are very blessed. Things all happen for a reason!
1 comment:
I hope you get feeling better being sick is not fun i sure miss you.
Post a Comment