Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Change of Pace

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord." Isaiah 55:8
I am so grateful for revelation! I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who really cares about us and wants us to grow to be the best we can be. I know that what we think is the best for us is not always what the Lord knows is best.

It's like the parable of the currant bush. (Paraphrased from a conference talk...in my own words.) The master gardener saw that the currant bush was getting too big, all it's growth was going toward being taller instead of bearing fruit. So the gardener cut it back, and as he did so, he thought he saw great tear drops on the ends of the branches where he had cut them off. He thought he could hear the bush say, "Why have you cut me down? I was growing so big and providing such wonderful shade! Now I am small and all of the other plants and trees in the garden will make fun of me!" But the gardener knew better, and he told the bush, "I am the master gardener, and I know what I want you to be. You are not meant to be a shade tree, you are meant to be a currant bush. I am doing what is necessary for you to reach your full potential." ....

We don't always see the big picture. We don't know the consequences our choices will have 5, 10, or 100 years down the road. But if we trust in the Lord, He will guide us to the people and places where we will make the best impact, where we will help the most, where we will grow the most.

Ryan woke up on Thursday morning last week with the thought in his head that I needed to go back to school. He spent the entire day researching my options (he even filled out my FAFSA for me!). By the time I got off work, he had it all figured out - and he felt very strongly that I should quit work and go back to school...this fall...which is less than one month away!!!

Thursday was also the day that we found out that one of our employees had abandoned his job with us, giving no notice...so we are already short-staffed! How could I just leave work, knowing that we could not possible hire and train two employees in four short weeks?!

But I told my boss on Friday morning that we were seriously considering this option. I spent the weekend fasting and praying, and I had multiple confirmations from the Lord that this is what He needs me to do! During our Relief Society lesson a visiting sister made a comment and referred to a story in a talk given by President Uchtdorf. He told of a pilot who was off in his flight plan by one degree, and that small measure, that one degree, led them off course so far that the plane crashed into a mountain and everyone was killed. The Spirit told me, as this sister shared this story, that this is one of those moments in my life, and even though there may be lots of opposition, it is critical that I stay on the path that has been shown to me!

So I handed in my resignation letter Monday morning. September 9th will be my last day at Washington Federal. Our Division Manager was disappointed that I'm leaving, and wanted my boss to talk me out of it, but my boss knows that I'm sticking to my decision and won't change my mind. Tears were shed. It's hard leaving...

But at the same time, Nicole, Ryan, and I are so excited! I get to be home with my daughter every day! I get to take her to school each morning, come home and work on my school work, and then pick her up in the afternoon and help her with her homework! We get to make dinner together each evening, and just spend lots of time together, which is something we have both sorely missed these past two and a half years! Ryan has a heavy load this fall semester, and he will be working as a TA on top of all of his classes. Things will be busy, but I can't wait!

Thank you, everyone, for your support and prayers! We really appreciate it!!!

Love to you all!!!
~Jenni :) :) :) :) :) :)

No comments: