Yesterday afternoon Nicole came home and fell asleep. She took quite a long nap, and when she woke up it was dark (around 6 pm). She came downstairs (where Ryan and I were watching a movie) crying and half-way hysterical because she thought she had slept all night in her school clothes and missed our weekly "slumber party"! It took us a while to calm her down and explain that she hadn't even missed dinner! She's such a sweetheart! :)
I had a major exam to take yesterday, and I was super nervous for it. Since the beginning of class the teacher has been warning us about this test; how difficult it is and how most students do very poorly on it because they don't study enough each week. Of course, I didn't really heed her warnings, and left all my studying to the cram session right before the test, but fortunately (with a lot of prayer and many hours of cramming) I passed it! Whew! Now I've learned my lesson, and for the rest of the semester I will spend time studying and reviewing each week.
I'm really missing winter. It is nice to be able to go on walks around our neighborhood with Nicole (without even wearing our jackets!), but I miss the snow! Our high temps are consistently above 40, and most days are in the lower to mid 50's! It's already February, and we have no snow on the ground! :( (And I still have to scrape ice off the car windows each morning...) :p
Nicole is getting so big! Little changes in her face make her seem so much more grown up, and every day she uses bigger words and more complex sentences - she's such a little smarty-pants! (and very beautiful!)
Ryan will draw for his externship site next month! It's not set in stone yet, but they are thinking the draw will take place on March 9th. We are really hoping for the Missoula site, and I keep getting the feeling that we will be going there. It would be really nice to be closer to Rexburg! If we do move, I'm going to have to hold a big garage sale to get rid of a ton of our "stuff"!
Superbowl is coming up. We're not big fans of football, but Superbowl has always been a day for the Muench family to get together. It's depressing to be so far away... And we don't have TV service anymore, so we'll be attempting to stream the game through Ry's PlayStation...wish us luck with that!
I'm excited for my religion class this week - we'll be studying the Israelites' travels in the wilderness! :)
1 comment:
Love reading your "Memoirs". Sooooooo miss you guys! Wish you could have been to the party, but we all thought about you! Nicole is growing up so much and we are missing out on it....can't wait till you guys are closer. Love you much!!! Keep sharing!
Post a Comment