Thursday, July 26, 2012

Knock Knock!

Anybody home?

I feel like God is trying to reach me - trying to get a message through my thick skull...  Last month Ryan and I were asked to speak in Sacrament Meeting.  My topic was "Adversity" - based on a talk given by President Eyring in April 2009.  We need to endure to the end, and trust in God, because all of our trials will then be consecrated for our good!

Bounce ahead one month... We're in a new ward, and we've been asked to speak in Sacrament Meeting again!  This time my assigned topic is Waiting Upon the Lord: Thy Will Be Done” - based on a talk given by Elder Hales in October 2011.  We need to trust in the Lord and have patience in our afflictions, all things will happen in the Lord's time, and our trials will be consecrated for our good.

So, I'm listening to what the Lord is saying, but it makes me nervous...  Is this about current trials...or am I about to face a real down pour?  *sigh*  I guess the answer doesn't really matter, because whatever happens I just need to remember these simple lessons...
  • Adversity happens for a reason - we asked for it! ;)
  • Trust in the Lord!  He loves us and doesn't want us to fail!
  • Keep on keepin' on - endure to the end!
  • Be patient...and if it's hard to be patient, just be patient and it will get easier, right? ;)
  • Doctrine and Covenants 122:7
"And if thou shouldst be cast into the apit, or into the hands of murderers, and the sentence of death passed upon thee; if thou be cast into the bdeep; if the billowing surge conspire against thee; if fierce winds become thine enemy; if the heavens gather blackness, and all the elements combine to chedge up the way; and above all, if the very jaws of dhell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee eexperience, and shall be for thy good."

No comments: