I'm the kind of person that peeks at Christmas gifts early (and would open them all early if I could!)… I know that most people enjoy that thrill and suspense of waiting till Christmas morning, but not me -- I'm too impatient!!! (Yes, that's something I need to work on…)
That being said, I timed contractions yesterday for 6 hours straight, and averaged 7 to 8 contractions each hour (that's roughly 8 1/2 to 7 1/2 minutes apart). A few times in the past couple weeks I've had contractions 5 minutes apart for 2 or more hours at a time, but then they slow down to 10 minutes apart. I'm trying SOOO hard to just be patient and wait for something more to happen (while at the same time, praying that my water will just break so I will know when it's time to head to the hospital!).
When I was pregnant with Nicole, I was in and out of the hospital during the month and a half before her due date because I was having so many contractions. I was given lots of different medications to try to stop the contractions. I was majorly swollen, had troubles with high blood pressure, and lots of other issues. This pregnancy has been a lot easier/less stressful, and I think a lot of things factor into that, but it seems to make it even harder for me to wait patiently! With Nicole, the doctor broke my water, so I don't know what to expect this time if I just wait for things to happen on their own! And not knowing what to expect makes me even more impatient!
But…I recently re-read about our experiences with pregnancy and labor with Nicole (in one of my old journals), and recalling all the frustrations and uncomfortableness of laboring in the hospital for 8 or 9 hours makes me a whole lot less eager to go to the hospital until I know for sure that things are moving right along! Obviously I don't want to wait too long to head to the hospital and end up having the baby at home or on the way, but I also don't want to spend hours hooked up to monitors or wandering the boring hospital hallways in an effort to keep the contractions coming… These thoughts help me be a little more patient. ;)
Another thing that helps me be a little more patient is that my doctor is out of the country until the 12th. Not that I wouldn't mind having the other doctor deliver Rebecca, but it just seems like it would be more comfortable to have my regular doctor there.
And, another thing that makes me more impatient is my stupid fascination with numbers… ;) For instance, 4/4/14 would be an awesome birthdate, don't you think?! As would 4/10/14 (because 4 + 10 = 14), and 4/14/14. So, I'm impatient today, thinking it would be awesome if she would be born today, but if I make it past midnight without going into labor, then I think this will help me be patient until the 10th…maybe… ;)
Anyway! Tomorrow is my 38 week mark, and I'm anxious to get Rebecca here! Prayers would be appreciated (especially prayers that I'll be able to be patient)! :) :) :)
No comments:
Post a Comment