Friday, May 01, 2015

Is It Really May Already?!?!?!

How does the time go by so quickly?!  I can't believe there's only a little more than a month left of school!

Speaking of school… We've been having Nicole "attend" a virtual public school since we moved in January because there wasn't room for her in the public school she should be attending here.  It took us a while to adjust to the online school, but it's been a pretty awesome experience.  I love having her home (as does her little sister!), and I love being a part of her learning experiences every day.  This type of schooling does take up a lot more of my time, but it's become a bit easier as Becca has gotten older, and as Cole has become accustomed to doing her work a little more independently.  The only problem is that Cole misses out on that every-day interaction with her peers…but part of me is starting to wonder -- is missing out on that really so bad?  Hmmm… Lots to think about!

Our little monkey turned 1 last week!!!  Did I mention how fast time is flying by?!  We really expected her to be walking by now, and though she has taken quite a few steps on her own and she stands without holding on to anything, she stubbornly refuses to walk and prefers instead to crawl or scramble around on her hands and feet.  Maybe after having zoomed through all her first milestones, she's finally decided to slow down and enjoy the ride?  ;)  She is good at signing "more," "food/hungry," "all done," and "good night."  And her first word (that she says with any consistency) is "black" (it actually sounds more like "blah," but she always points at black things when she says it, and if we ask her where a black something is, she will point to it!).  Ryan taught her that one using Cole's soccer ball.  :)

We love being in our new house -- it's comfy!  :)  Ryan and I both received callings at church -- he teaches Sunday School for teens, and I am the secretary in the Primary.  Our ward is pretty awesome.  :)  Ryan is still loving his job (and doing excellent at it, I might brag add!).  ;)  And I'm liking Pocatello a LOT more than I expected I would.  I guess I just don't like change, but God knows what we need, even when we think we don't want it!  :)

Well, as always, here are some pictures!  :)

Also, I'm thinking of making my blog private, so if you'd like to still see my posts, let me know!




 One of Becca's favorite "games" is to climb in and out of this little storage bucket.  Soon she'll be too big to fit in it, but right now she is just the right size!  :)

 Sleepy heads!  :)











Cole and I thought these water droplets looked so pretty!  She insisted that I take a few pictures of them. :)


 I love my beautiful girls!  :)  And the face that Becca is making in the one below cracks me up!  :)
 The birthday girl devouring her birthday cupcake!  :)



 Ryan and I had a fun little vacation.  We went to The Roof, saw a Barry Manilow concert, met up with an old friend, and missed our girls terribly!  :)







 Little Miss Nicole got her hair chopped off!  Above are the "after" pics, and below are the "before" pics (backwards, I know…).  :)




Becca will only sleep at church when Ryan is holding her!  I love my family!!!  We are blessed!

1 comment:

Becky Muench said...

I love your postings and your pictures. I just wished that I remembered to check your blog more often. You have such dang cute little girls.....you and Ryan are perty darn cute too. I sure love your little family. So glad that you share them with me and Grampa Muench. Grammy Muench