You'd think summer would be more relaxing, with the kids out of school…it doesn't seem to be that way, though! We are so busy, and so so sooooooo HOT! How can anyone relax in this heat?! I have a friend who is living in Arizona right now, and I don't know how she does it… We've just passed the 100 degree mark here over the past few days, and it's sucking all of the energy out of me! All I want to do is sleep…in an air conditioned room… I tried to go out for a walk/jog last week, so I made sure to leave the house before 7am, thinking that would be a cool enough time to be outside…NOT! The sun was already shining so hotly that I thought I'd melt before I made it back home! So, the next time I left at a quarter after 6 in the morning, and it was still pretty toasty! YUCK! So I find excuses to go to different stores, just to enjoy the cool air inside. I'm ready for summer to be over!
It's been a long while since I posted last. My health hasn't been the greatest lately, but I'm working on getting that fixed. I've had to do a lot of adjusting to my thyroid medication, because I was experiencing horrible hypo-thyroid symptoms that just kept getting worse and worse. But, on the bright side, I had a 5-year follow-up with an oncologist, and I am still cancer-free! *yay!* He said that he almost never sees this type of cancer return after ten years, so I just have to continue being extra watchful for the next five years (annual blood tests for certain things, etc.). The other thing that's been giving me major trouble is this stupid carpal tunnel syndrome. UGH! I can't even pick up a fork without my hand going numb! Driving, writing in my journal, holding my baby, twisting lids off of jars, household cleaning…all of those things and more -- they just HURT to do! So, I'm finally going to see a specialist to talk about having surgery to relieve this pain. Anyone have any experience with that? Any tips/advice?
Nicole finished her school year with flying colors! It took us a while to adjust to the online school, but by the end of the year, we were both in love with all that it had to offer! I'm so proud of how well she caught up on her learning (her previous school was seriously behind on what should have been taught). She got all of her grades up to A's by the end of the year! So, after careful consideration and a lot of prayer, we decided to let Cole continue in her online school for this next year. She couldn't be more excited about that! We feel like she gets a MUCH better education with the online school's curriculum, and the flexibility is nice, as well.
Rebecca is growing like a weed! It's amazing to see how much she understands, and how much she can do on her own! She loves to be "helpful" by handing us our shoes when we're putting on our socks, and by pulling out the wipes when we're changing her diaper. She loves to "brush" her teeth, and she even scrubs her tummy with a washcloth when she's in the bathtub. She also loves to throw things into the garbage, which is helpful when she's throwing away the things that need to be thrown away…but we've found clothes and toys in the garbage can as well… :) My favorite thing about her right now is the hugs that she gives! She is a great hug-giver, and squeezes so tight! :) It melts my heart every time she gives me one, and every time I watch her give a hug to her papa or her sister. :)
Ryan has also been dealing with some health issues…namely kidney stones! Poor Ryan! :( He'd been dealing with the pain for a couple weeks before it became unbearable and we finally took him to the ER. They did a CT scan, and found that the stone that's causing the pain (and has his kidney pretty enlarged) is about 3mm. The doctor expected it to pass within a couple of days, gave him some meds, and sent him on his way. Well, it's been a week, and it still hasn't passed. The meds helped with the pain, but now he's out of them. I hope this week isn't miserable for him! We've gotten a lot of advice on how to deal with kidney stones, but if you have anything to add, please let us know!
I haven't been as diligent about picture-taking lately, but here are a few. :)
Making a hospital gown look manly! ;) (Before pain meds ^^^) (After pain meds vvv)
Nicole made me this awesome pouch full of fairy dust for my birthday! :) She's amazing!!!
First pony tail!!! :) :) :)
Rebecca loves to stuff a lot of food into her mouth! :)































No comments:
Post a Comment