Friday, July 26, 2019

Great Night!

Last night was such a great night! The staff were so attentive that I didn't have to press the call button a single time during the night. 💜💜💜 Ryan and I both slept well.

The weather today is overcast with a chance of thunderstorms. 😊 We love thunderstorms!

There hasn't been any blue dye in his lung secretions, so he'll be cleared to eat ice chips today! Yay!!!

This morning, I was sitting near Ryan, writing in my journal. I thought he was sleeping, but when I glanced up at him I saw him mouthing, "Jenni" over and over again, trying to get my attention. 😍 I asked him what he needed, and he asked me to stretch his ankles because they were feeling sore. I'm so grateful that he's able and willing to ask for help when he needs it! 💜💜💜 We are a little concerned that there may be a blood clot forming in his left leg, lower down on the calf, so the PA is ordering an ultrasound to check that out. But the good news is that Ryan's platelet levels have dropped to 600, much closer to the 50 - 450 "normal" range!

A little while ago I was asking Ryan what music he wanted to listen too, but I could not understand what he was trying to say in reply. He finally got frustrated and asked me to hand him a pen and paper to write it down. I was like, "You think you're up for writing?! Ok, we'll give it a shot!" He was able to hold the pen to the paper after I situated everything for him, and he drew a small line on the page, but no matter how hard he concentrated he just couldn't get his fingers to move more. It was a valiant effort though!

I've had the following scriptures running through my head a lot lately, so I'll share it here.

"For we labor diligently to write, to persuade our children, and also our brethren,
to believe in Christ, and to be reconciled to God; for we know
that it is by grace that we are saved,
after all we can do.
"And, notwithstanding we believe in Christ, we keep the law of Moses,
and look forward with steadfastness unto Christ, until the law
shall be fulfilled.
"For, for this end was the law given; wherefore the law hath become dead
unto us, and we are made alive in Christ because of our faith;
yet we keep the law because of the commandments.
"And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy
of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children
may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins."
2 Nephi 25:23-26 (Book of Mormon)

No comments: