Ryan's blood platelets have been really high, which is sometimes a sign of leukemia. But since they weren't high when he was first admitted to the hospital, and today they finally seem to be dropping again (I don't have exact numbers yet), it may just be a reaction to the trauma he's been through. The plan yesterday was to consult with a hematologist today. They may still do that, but I won't know for sure until I get back down there.
I do know that they are sending him to the University of Utah for another MRI this afternoon. They also want a consultation with a neurologist there. I will be heading back to Utah this afternoon so I can be there for all of that. I'm so grateful for my mother-in-law for watching over Ryan and relaying all of the happenings to me. I'm also grateful for all of our friends and family who are watching over us!
Becky said last night that Ryan was moving his leg a little when asked to, which is great! :) He's still on his night-shift schedule, so he prefers to rest during the day, then he becomes more aware and "active" in the evenings.
I keep thinking about the Sunday afternoon session of General Conference from this past April. That was the session that Nicole, Becky, and I attended in-person, because Ryan surprised us with tickets for Valentine's Day this year. It was my very first time attending General Conference in-person, and it is a memory I treasure. That whole weekend was such a fun family trip! All of the talks seem to speak directly to me, and the more I listen to them, the more I get out of them. I encourage you to listen to them, too! God is good!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment