Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Trying to Stay Upbeat

Today was a very trying day all around.

Ryan's sweet grandma collapsed and spent some time in the hospital today. Here is what Ryan's mom posted on Facebook this evening:
  • I know the Power of prayer works. I especially have seen it in the miraculous healing of 2 of my sons this past month. Ryan still has a ways to go, but thank you for helping him get to this point. And for Ben, and his burns. I don't think he will have much scarring at all from it.
    Now, I'm asking for more prayers please. Many of you know my Mom and Dad. Mom, Dorlene Beard, is 85, and Dad, Virgil Beard, is 88. Altho Dad has been going downhill with dementia quite alot, Mom has been able to be his care taker and they have done pretty good there at home. Kids and Grandkids and neighbors check up on them, but they've done pretty well.
    Well, last night Mom collapsed and landed right on her nose. She ended up taking an ambulance ride to the Teton Valley Hospital. They really aren't sure why, but her white blood count is up. We did get her home today and she is wearing a heart monitor for 48 hours to keep an eye on her heart. She's tired and went right to bed. Dad is confused because Grandma, the one who takes care of him, is not there to take care of him. Even tho us kids are trying to help out, and this weekend we have a big reunion, my Mom and my Dad could both use some extra prayers if you could!
    Thanks everyone! I know you will be blessed!
In spite of all the trials, there were bright spots today. And since it doesn't do any good to dwell on the negative or get angry over things that I can't control, I will just list the bright spots and then turn in for the night.
  1. Ryan made quite a few silly comments today - his brain makes rapid leaps from one thought to the next, so some of them seem completely out of the blue and they get us both giggling. One in particular was, when I was stretching his legs for him, he asked if he looked like a dolphin being born. 😄😄😄
  2. Ryan has been able to stretch his arms and legs, getting a lot more range of motion and more deliberate in his movements!
  3. Ryan and I spent two hours outside today, and the weather was beautiful! Cool, breezy, overcast, and slightly rainy.
  4. A good friend came to visit Ryan today, and we enjoyed reminiscing with her.
  5. Ryan tried to write again, and was able to move the pen more, but still couldn't quite make the letters that he wanted to make. Then I wrote "I love you" on a paper and asked him to read it out loud, and he did!!! Great news in the vision department!!!
  6. We watched most of the movie, Regarding Henry, this evening. Very relevant to our current situation!
  7. Ryan is doing really well at holding things together in spite of his major anxiety - he did a lot less kicking today.
  8. We have two beautiful girls that we love dearly, and we're so grateful that Ryan hasn't lost his memories of them! We are also grateful for all of our friends and family for taking such good care of them for us!
  9. We listened to the General Conference talk, "Wounded" from the October 2018 General Conference. You can find it at www.churchofJesusChrist.org -- I highly recommend it!
  10. There are some genuinely great people who work here at Western Peaks, who go out of their way to show they care. 💜💜💜
That's all for tonight. Thank you again for your prayers and support!

No comments: