Sunday, July 21, 2019

Welcome, Welcome is Thy Dawning, Holy Sabbath, Day of Prayer

Have I mentioned how much I love Sundays? Happy Sabbath!

We made it through another night! Ryan had it rough again. The place where he received his vaccine yesterday kept bleeding through all of the gauze/bandages that they put on it during the night, but they finally got the bleeding to stop early this morning. He became a pin cushion again, as they tried to get a new IV started in the wee hours of the morning. :( We're also seeing an increase of blood in his urine, which is a little concerning. And he is starting to cough up blood-tinged mucus again. Please pray that these issues can be resolved.

Right now the CNAs are getting Ryan into a sling so that they can swing him out of bed and into a reclining chair for a while. Then I will be able to tell Ryan about church today (I attended a different ward from last week, and again God told me exactly what I needed to hear).  💜

Some thoughts from church today:
  • We need to change our habits and our hearts.
  • Use your agency for good, and you will be blessed.
  • There are many references to the "heart" in the scriptures, and they usually refer to the healing and strengthening power of repentance.
  • The battle against sin is real, and the best safety device is you, as you choose to repent.
  • When coupled with faith, repentance opens our access to the power of Jesus Christ.
  • Through the repentance process we can be happy, feel peace, and experience miracles in our lives.
  • Hymn 30, Come, Come, Ye Saints -- it's a good one!
  • We are responsible to seek our own personal revelation. And it comes as we live according to the light and knowledge that we already possess, and then act in faith. (See Acts 10-11)

No comments: