Tuesday, August 06, 2019

Bring It On!!!

The girls and I are in New York, and we were able to see Niagara Falls today! It was an amazing and exhausting day! I don't have time to post pictures tonight, but I will try to catch up on them tomorrow.

Ryan also had an amazing and exhausting day! We got to speak with him and his mom on the phone this evening, and found out that his speech therapist actually allowed him to eat pineapple chunks and peach chunks (from fruit cups) today! She said she rarely allows solid foods like that before the esophogram, but Ryan is doing so well! He not only ate the food, but he was able to feed himself! These are such huge steps!!! Now he is allowed small amounts of soft foods to eat daily, and they are trying to schedule the x-ray swallow exam a.s.a.p.!

After all of Ryan's therapists worked with him today, they met and discussed his progress and decided that he is definitely ready to be referred to an inpatient rehabilitation facility! We weren't expecting this referral to happen until the end of this week or the beginning of next week, but he is doing so amazing that they feel he is ready now! We're still not sure on the timing of everything, but we are hoping to transfer him to a facility in Idaho Falls as soon as they can get him accepted and get everything approved through insurance.

💜💜💜💜💜💙💙💙💙💙💚💚💚💚💚💛💛💛💛💛💝💝💝💝💝

Becca just told me, "I can't believe it! Daddy is getting better!" I asked her, "How come?" and she replied, "Because God loves us and He listens to our prayers and He is doing miracles!" I love her sweet and sure faith in the Lord! We are SOOO incredibly blessed!