First off, we are going to need a little extra help this week with our dogs. My wonderful friend who was going to watch our dogs for the next two weeks just got some really great news and had to leave the state on short notice. So my brother-in-law and his wife are able to take our dogs until Thursday, but then they will be leaving town as well. If there is anyone willing and able to watch our two dogs from Thursday the 8th until the 16th or 17th, could you please contact me directly? They will need to be picked up in Rigby. They normally spend the days outside and the nights inside in kennels, but Nyx is a howler... I know that's a lot to ask, but I would really appreciate the help!
Last night we started the night with the lights on, and added a little Trazadone to Ryan's night medications. That did the trick! Ryan and I both slept all night long! πππππ
Today has been a beautiful, relaxing day. Ryan has been talking a lot more since he got over the blue mood he was in this morning. We spent a while outside, and he was wishing he could be with his family in Driggs for a family reunion they're having this weekend. He got to speak on the phone with his mom for quite a while, and he really liked that!
Ryan frequently forgets where he is, and why he is here; but after he thinks about it for a minute he usually remembers on his own.
We watched the Food Network this afternoon, and Ryan gets easily lost in things. When Guy Fieri said, "We're in Seattle..." Ryan thought that we were in Seattle, and he wanted to go visit the restaurant Guy was featuring. A lot of the time it's hard to tell when Ryan is joking and when he is being serious, but he loves making people laugh!
He figured out that he could snap his fingers on his right hand this evening! Such great progress!
I've been reviewing a lot of the texts and comments people have sent us with uplifting messages, and I want you to know that we appreciate them all! I haven't been able to respond to each one individually, but I have read them all. πππ
God is good!


2 comments:
Hi Jenni, I just wanted to tell you that I really appreciate seeing the updates- all of them. I am so thankful for the collective knowledge modern medicine has accumulated and for the abundant inspiration from God specifically in Ryan's behalf. I think about you and Ryan daily and wish I was closer so that I could do more to help! My wife is home now and she has mentioned that it would be a great priveledge to have any of your family members stay at our house. I am truly grateful for the progress Ryan has made and for everybody's prayers and faith on his behalf. I'm also really happy for you to be able to take your daughters to New York, I wish you safe travels and hope you really enjoy your time there! I will be back home sometime towards the end of October and would love to stop in to visit you guys wherever you are at that point. Tell Ryan that I'm thinking about him and that he is and has been an inspiration to me with his determination and drive to do good things! I cherish the memories I have spending time with him, his family, and our "Hibbard Boys" in scouts and mutual and all through our childhood! I feel greatly blessed knowing Ryan and having spent so much time with him as we became adults (notice I didn't say anything about maturing or growing up- I'm still quite immature! LOL!). Finally, here's a joke for you all: why do camels make such good soldiers? Because they have camelflage! Take care of yourself, Ryan and your daughters- you are all inspirational! I can not think of Ryan and his family and not think about the hymn "A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief" because no matter the situation every Meunch would jump to help regardless of the cost (posessions, time, talents) and I am forever thankful for that example to me!
HI I just read the last comment and want you to know I agree with every thing .You guys are an inspiration to all of us,...Love all of you so much. Grandma
Post a Comment