Saturday, August 31, 2019

More Progress

Before I went to New York with our girls earlier this month, we bought a children's book of Disney's Robin Hood for Ryan. He became frustrated after he couldn't read the first page of it, and he hadn't pulled it out since. Last night Becca found it, and asked Ryan to read it to her. Ryan not only read her the whole book, but he also did it with different voices for different characters, like he used to! 💜💜💜 It still wasn't as easy as reading used to be for him, but he was grateful to see for himself some awesome progress! 😃

This morning was a slow, easy-going morning for us. It was a nice change of pace. Ryan had a bit of a rough night, and wasn't feeling the greatest, so he especially appreciated just chilling in front of the TV for a while.

Tonight the girls want to roast hot dogs in the fire pit Ryan built in our back yard last year. The pit was overgrown with weeds, so Ryan pulled out his weed whacker and cleared it this afternoon! It was difficult for him, but he managed pretty well, and he even did a little more weed-eating before putting it away. Even the fact that he was able to walk around our incredibly hole-y backyard without a cane for assistance is big progress! 😊

Yesterday evening I just happened to look out our back window and see our dog, Nyx, preparing her own cherry tree leaf salad. 😉😂 I didn't realize she liked leafy greens so much, but after I took this video, I watched her eat every leaf from the branch she had picked!


No comments: