Yesterday Ryan wasn't feeling the greatest, so when we were asked if we would like the Sacrament brought to our house again, we accepted the offer. We were told to expect the Sacrament to be brought around 9:15 this morning, but God intervened. We still aren't sure what happened, but when no one arrived by 10:15, Ryan decided to just put his church clothes on and attend our church to receive the Sacrament instead. :) Our church begins at 10:30, so it was a bit of a rush for him, but we managed to arrive just in time for the meeting to begin. 💜💜💜 All four of us, sitting in church together again. It filled my heart with so much joy and warmth, I was fighting back tears. 😊💜 It was a special experience. And Ryan made it through all of church without any device to assist him in walking (not even a cane)! He was exhausted by the end of it, but he did amazing!
We really loved being back in our home ward, surrounded by so many friends who have been praying for us and taking care of us so well this summer. 💜💜💜 Helping others is one of the best ways we can show gratitude to our Savior for all that He has done for each and every one of us! We thank you again, whether you're in our ward or in our wider circle of friends and family, for all of your kindness and prayers!
At the beginning of this year, our family started a new tradition. Every Sunday we read a chapter from the book Saints. We've all taken turns reading, but usually it is Ryan who reads the most -- we just all love listening to him read. Today, he wanted to give it a try...and he read an entire chapter to us!!! 💜💜💜 😍😍😍 It truly is a miracle! This book is a great one if you're interested in history, or if you've ever wondered about how The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints began or where the Book of Mormon came from. You can read it for free online, or by downloading the Gospel Library App on your mobile device. 😊 Ryan still struggles with reading, but the issue with his double-vision is beginning to resolve!
During church we sang the hymn "We Are All Enlisted". I've never felt any particular pull towards this hymn, but today it won a special place in my heart. I pondered if I would still feel this way if things with Ryan had turned out differently this summer. I may never know for sure, but I hope that my faith is strong enough to be able to find joy no matter what my life circumstances may be. "We're joyfully, joyfully marching to our home." 😊
I spent some time reading through our hymn book today, and found another hymn that struck a chord with me. It is "O Thou, Before the World Began". The line in the second verse, "Thyself the Lamb forever slain" seems to have so much more meaning in it than I can comprehend. It may take me a long time to grasp more of the nuances surrounding that phrase. I also really love the third verse, which says:
Oh, that our faith may never move
But stand unshaken as Thy love,
Sure evidence of things unseen;
Now let it pass the years between
And view Thee bleeding on the tree:
My Lord, my God, who dies for me.
Our Savior, Jesus Christ, has been through everything because of His love for each one of us. I testify that He knows you, and He loves you.
No comments:
Post a Comment