Ryan had some visitors today. I obviously wasn't able to be there, but Amy, our wonderful sister-in-law, shared her thoughts with me to share here. 💜💜💜
"I've been very drawn to Shayne M Bowen's talk on the 6 principles of fasting and the blessings that follow. I know so many people have been praying and fasting for Ryan, you, & Nicole & Becca. I've been fasting for you guys the way he teaches. Not only has it helped me grow & experience things spiritually I've never felt, but I feel like seeing him today just overwhelmingly confirmed the power of fasting & prayer together. I walked in Ryan's room not knowing what to expect... Only because I see his progress in little bits through pictures, little videos, & text messages. I was so overcome with joy seeing him sitting up in bed, able to have conversations with us about past memories and some present. We're blessed to witness a miracle through Ryan."
Apparently there were a lot of frustrations for Ryan today. He hates complaining, and I'm trying not to, too... 😞 The staff today have had some major issues... It's hard to be patient when things keep being done incorrectly...among other things, someone ripped the mid-line out of Ryan's arm... *sigh* Maybe more prayers for the staff at Western Peaks would be beneficial?
In New York today we visited the Whitmer Farm, which is the place where the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was officially organized. So many people sacrificed so much for God's work to be done and for His church to be restored, but they counted their sacrifices as blessings. I learn a lot from their willingness to love and follow God through every hardship.
Here are a few pictures from today's adventures.
 |
| Everything we do could be the foundation of something great! |
 |
| This is the actual bridge from "It's A Wonderful Life" -- the one that the angel jumps off of! |
 |
| Cole conquered the lake! ;) |
No comments:
Post a Comment