Friday, August 09, 2019

Walking!!!

Today I got one of the greatest videos via text that I've ever seen!!! 💜💜💜💜💜



My heart is so full! 💜💜💜💜💜 Ryan said that he still feels silly doing things, because in his head he pictures himself walking normally, but then it doesn't happen the way he feels like it should. Everyone keeps assuring him that he is doing incredible, though!

As I watched that short clip of Ryan walking, this song kept jumping into my head, so I felt like I should share it here, as well. It's called, "I Heard Him Come." 💜💜💜


Ryan also had his x-ray swallow test today. Unfortunately, since it's the weekend, they're going to have to wait until at least Monday before they can clear him to eat whatever foods he would like. Ryan explained that he was swallowing faster or sooner than normal, which his speech therapist was concerned about, but the radiologist wasn't concerned about it.

The girls and I were able to talk with Ryan on the phone for over a half an hour this evening, and it was wonderful! He seems to be keeping his spirits up well, and he definitely hasn't lost his sense of humor! :)

Here is the update that Ryan's mother shared on Facebook this morning:
"I have been in Utah staying with Ryan since Sunday while Jenni spends some much needed time with the girls. It's been challenging, but wonderful to see Ryan and the progress he is making. We will be able to move him to a Rehab facility closer to home by hopefully next week sometime. It's been fun carrying on conversations with him and laughing with him till my face hurts.
He still has a long ways to go, but he has come so far in a short period of time. The medical professionals that are working with him are amazed.
There is a reason he is still here and we are all so thankful for all of your prayers on his behalf and on behalf of our family. Please don't stop praying. He's still got a long road ahead.
Much love to you all."

Today, on the opposite side of the U.S. from Ryan, we drove down to Pennsylvania to visit the place where the priesthood of God was restored to the earth almost 200 years ago. We also saw the re-built home where the majority of the Book of Mormon was translated. It truly is an incredible history, and I encourage you to learn more about it!

Here are some pictures from today's adventures.

We are staying on the east shore of Seneca Lake, and drove all the way down to the old Harmony, PA today.
The girls in the beautiful visitor's center.

My dad and girls on the banks of the Susquehanna River, where Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery were baptized.
Our view of Seneca Lake from the window of our room.
I know I probably sound like a broken record, but God truly is a God of miracles! I am in awe and so grateful for all of the progress that Ryan is making! We know that all of these blessings come from God, because of the faith of so many, and because it is God's will that Ryan be healed. I pray that no matter what comes, we will always be able to accept God's will and continue living with faith in Him.

No comments: