Sunday, September 08, 2019

We Need Each Other

Even after a rough night last night, we were able to attend church together as a family again this morning. The weather today has been beautiful -- stormy and cool. :)

At church, I handed a book to Becca that contains lots of pictures of the Savior. She hugged one particular picture to her chest, looked up at me and said, "Don't ya miss Him?!" Then she looked lovingly back at the picture she had hugged. 💜💜💜 I look forward to the day when I can see Becca give her Savior a hug in person, when we will all be together forever.

My heart was filled with warmth as I watched Ryan hold Becca in his lap for part of the meeting. He didn't have the strength to hold her for long, but just that fact that he is here to hold her is a miracle! I am so grateful for those precious moments he has with his girls! 💜💜💜

Other things that stood out to me from church today include:
  • We need each other in this life, and we need the Lord's mercy and grace.
  • Covenants and commandments are NOT curses and condemnations!
  • God knows what we can handle, and gives us opportunities to increase our abilities.
  • The Lord has more in mind for you than you have in mind for yourself!
  • It doesn't matter what your abilities are, it matters what you do with them!
  • You can command Satan to leave.
  • Pride is a great separator. God wants us to be humble so that we can be unified.
  • Teen-aged people are capable of doing incredible things!
  • We all matter! We can all make a difference!
Someone at church suggested watching this video called Finding Self-Worth in the Depths of Depression. They also suggested this video called Perfectionism: Will I Ever Be Good Enough?

This weekend was a good one, and a busy one! On Saturday we were blessed to be able to attend our niece's baptism. In the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, children can choose to be baptized once they are 8 years old. It was a beautiful day, and so full of the Spirit that we felt like it was Sunday all day! We enjoyed time with family, and many people commented on how surreal it felt to have Ryan there after seeing him in a coma just over two months ago. We are so grateful that he's still with us, and that he's working so hard to overcome all of the difficulties in front of him. 💜💜💜

Here comes another busy week! I hope you all have a great one!

No comments: