February is about over, and winter seems like it wanted to head out with a bang! We have had several snow storms over the last few weeks, which I've enjoyed immensely. :) But this next week has highs in the 50's peeking into the forecast, so I don't think the little snow we've gotten will stick around much longer...
Ryan continues to make small improvements on his road to recovery. We're still working with his doctors to find an appropriate balance in his medications, and those adjustments frequently throw him for a loop, but we feel like we may be getting closer to a more long-term solution. On the bright side, Ryan sat down this month to work on his 3-D dirigible puzzle (which he hasn't touched since last year because it has been too confusing for him to wrap his mind around...), and he was able to complete it! It took him longer than he felt it should have, but he kept at it and was able to decipher the instructions and follow them! This shows a definite improvement in his cognitive functioning! Although he is quick to point out that he still sees and feels the difference in how he used to be (before his brain injury) and now. Little steps at a time!
The girls just won't stop growing! They were able to spend a weekend skiing with Grandpa (Grandma was there too, even though she doesn't do downhill skiing), and they both improved a lot! Cole braved her first black diamond run! And once Becca got things figured out, Cole found it hard to keep up with her. :) Cole has begun taking an interest in prom dresses, although she claims that she doesn't want to go on any dates in high school ;), and Becca decided to use the wrapper from a case of toilet paper to make her own dress. :) Both girls got new glasses (these are Becca's first). And Becca continues to love baking. :) Oh, and we've had lots of fun playing with hair - I even figured out how to do a 4-strand braid in Cole's hair!
While the girls were at their grandparents', Ryan and I were able to enjoy a Valentine's Date, which was really nice. And since this month is our family's "No-Movie-Month," our date did not involve going to the movie theater! Not having the TV turned on this month has been both a struggle and a relief. We've spent more time reading together, playing card games and board games, and cleaning. :) I've also spent more time cooking. :) Ryan and I are working on eating healthier this year, so I've been finding new recipes (and creating my own), and using a lot more vegetables. I've also been working on increasing my daily step-count to improve my health. Little steps at a time!








2 comments:
The 3-D puzzle is amazing! Great job Ryan! Cole should come skiing with Brooklyn some time. Love Becca's dress, so creative!
Jenni, you write beautifully, and it’s a pleasure reading what you write! So nice to read something that uses perfect grammar and spelling! Ryan’s puzzle is amazing! Most people would have difficulty putting that together, if they could actually do it! You have a wonderful family (I love the cleverness of making a dress out of the wrapper from a case of toilet paper)! God bless you, and keep writing. You brighten our days!
Post a Comment