




So, I was totally enraged when I found out that they are pushing the release date of Harry Potter back to next July! What kind of sick people would do that?!?!? Haven't we waited long enough already?! *deep breath* But then, I calmed myself down...I can handle this, right? ;) Of course! Because I just got totally addicted to a new series - the Twilight Saga, and now that the Harry Potter movie is out of the way, the Twilight movie was able to take over that release date! :) I'm still assuming that since the books are so amazingly, incredibly wonderful that the movie won't be nearly as good, but I'm excited to see it anyways.
I don't think I've ever been this into a series of books before (I still love Harry Potter, but these are probably even more addicting, if you can believe that!). I read the first two books in less than three days! I had to wait a couple days to get my hands on the second two, and then I had them both read in two days! And I still can't get enough! I've read all of the extras on www.stepheniemeyer.com (her official website), and now I'm re-reading the books to catch all the things I missed the first time through. These books are SOOO good! :) It's like everyone told me:
Everyone: "You should read those Twilight books, they're really good!"
Me: "Aren't they about vampires? I don't think so...that's not really my thing."
Everyone: "Yeah, they are, but I thought that same thing until after I read them! I couldn't believe how good they were!
Me: "Yeah, well, I still don't think so... I can't imagine myself liking a vampire book..."
But pretty soon I got sick of having that conversation with people! My mother-in-law bought the books (she'd had the same conversation with her sister), and she said that Ryan could read them because she was still in the middle of a different book. So, he read the first one, said it was REALLY good, and wanted me to read it too. I was still reluctant, but he said that we could read one chapter a night together, which meant spending time with my sweetie, so I was ok with that. Well, that first night we read one chapter together, then he started reading the second book to himself and I was up till 2 o'clock in the morning reading more of Twilight! (So his little plan backfired...)
Enough of my ranting. Just know, these are REALLY GOOD BOOKS!!!!!!!!!! :)
4 comments:
So I guess I'll try them. I can't even go to my friend's blogs anymore because they are all talking about how the books end. ack Maybe its time I join the craze, eh?
yeah, you should definitely read them! :) Stephenie Meyer is an incredible author!
hey I cant wait for that movie to come out although I dont think who they got for edward is quite good enough.. He is not what I pictured he would look like at all...
He's not what I pictured either, but then, I don't think they could find someone as perfect as Edward is supposed to be. :) It should be good, though! :)
Post a Comment