"Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith..." ~Hebrews 12:1-2
Thursday, February 19, 2009
All right, all right - I know I'm behind!
It's not totally due to my laziness, though I must admit that is part of it. I just haven't gotten around to posting any new pictures lately. Here are a few. :p :) I'll try to get more up soon.
These are a couple of the birds that have taken up residence around our apartment complex. I'm not exactly sure what type of bird they are, but Nicole calls them Quails. There are 8 birds in the flock, and they're lots of fun to watch. The only annoying things are 1) when they all huddle up in front of our front door and if you don't realize they are there and try to climb the stairs to our apartment they will freak out and try to fly over your head (and when they freak out, they poop a lot!), and 2) all the neighbors think it's their job to feed them, so they leave piles of food all over in front of our building, half of which never gets eaten or cleaned up, so it looks really gross.
Nicole was absolutely thrilled to be able to see Santa this year. We went to my parent's ward Christmas party, where we all danced around the Christmas tree. Then, Nicole got to personally shake Santa's hand before waiting in line for about an hour to get to sit on his lap. What did she tell him she wanted for Christmas? Presents. lol
Ryan and Nicole wearing some new clothes they got for Christmas.
Nicole opening her new piano from Aunt Ashley and Uncle Jake. In the background is the doll house that her Great-Grandma Beard found at the thrift store and Ryan painted up really nice.
Nicole wearing the hat and poncho that I knitted for her. It took me almost all year to do that poncho!
Nicole could not believe that Santa ate the cookies and drank the milk. The crumbs on the plate were absolute proof that he had been there. :)
For Ryan's birthday we got him a private flight in an airplane with Shawn Bagley. Nicole was almost as excited about her Daddy getting to fly as he was! :)
Ryan right before take-off.
Shawn let Nicole sit in a little kit plane that John Bagley made - it was on display at the flight museum. That was really special.
Ryan, blowing out candles on his birthday cake.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh it looks like so much fun.. I sure miss you guys..
Post a Comment