Saturday, May 29, 2010

I know I shouldn't, but...

Ok, I know I shouldn't be offended... And really, I'm not offended, just hurt, and wondering why in the world people say things without thinking them through - especially things that have such potential to hurt! *sigh*

The story - had some ladies visit me, and we were talking about how cute one of the ladies' little boy was, and how much fun kids are. Then she said, "You guys (meaning me and Ryan) really need to start having more kids soon! Get on that, before it's too late!"

*sigh* I just nodded and said, "yeah", but inside I wanted to cry. I would love to be having more kids! We were hoping to have two or three by now! But God has other plans in mind for us, and I just have to keep reminding myself that it's all in His hands.

*deep breath* Ok, I'm done. It's over. No big deal. I can let this go now!

1 comment:

The Henderson Family said...

I know what you mean - It took two years to get Emmy, leaving 4 years between the two, which is FAR from what we planned. Everyone assumes that because we don't already have 4 kids just like them, we aren't trying. Ha. I am sorry people open their mouths when they probably shouldn't, and that it hurts! Now we power on, right?