Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Movin' On

It is weird to be packing up all our stuff again!  After moving 9 times in the first 6 years of our marriage, we finally stuck with one place for almost three years...and now we're moving again!  I will really miss this townhome - it's been one of the best places we've lived!

As I'm packing this time, I'm sorting out all of the stuff we'd like to get rid of.  I'll be holding my very first garage sale next month before we move, and I'm a little nervous about it.  I am definitely only a few steps away from being a hoarder, so it's hard to let go of things.  I think the hardest part is deciding whether or not to sell all the baby stuff...  We've been hanging on to it over the years because we expected to have more children by now; we expected to be using it over and over until it was all worn out.  But we're not giving up hope that we'll have more children some day, we just keep moving forward with faith...

What do you think?  Should we sell the baby stuff?  Just sell some of it?  Keep it all?  We've got everything still...everything that we used for Nicole.  All the clothes, toys, and furniture.  All packed up in boxes in our garage...

We've been very blessed with the place we're living now - it's spacious!  The two bedrooms are very large, lots of closet space, and a garage that doesn't fit a car (so it's perfect for storage).  Now we'll most likely be moving to a smaller 3 bedroom home.  No garage, so the third bedroom will probably be used for storage.  We'll need to get rid of a lot of stuff!

Any tips for holding garage sales?

2 comments:

The Henderson Family said...

Sell ALL the baby stuff - then you'll get pregnant!!! :)
I went through all mine recently and got rid of anything that I didn't think I'd use for another. Stuff that stains had shown up on over time, stuff that was REALLY dated, or I'd rather just find a way to get new. We sold the crib and changing table, it was nice to have the money, and they had been old and used when WE got them. It means we may have to get a little bit of stuff later, but not all of it, but it also make me feel like I am not giving up.

Becky Muench said...

I say sell all the baby stuff. If you got pregnant again, everyone would make sure that you were helped out in getting what you needed for the new baby. Just take a deep breath and do it!!!