Thursday, April 11, 2013

Tender Mercy

On most mornings, I walk Nicole to school.  We love having the time during the mile-long walk to talk and spend time together.  She is such an amazing little girl, and I learn a lot from her!

After I drop her off at the cafeteria doors, I walk back home.  Lately I've been listening to chapters from the Book of Mormon on my phone, using a cool app that Ryan showed me.  In just a week, I've listened to almost 20 chapters!  It really helps me to get in that extra scripture time.

So, this morning, after dropping off Nicole, I pulled out my phone and tried to load the next chapter in the Book of Mormon.  But the app wouldn't load any chapters!  Frustrated, I restarted my phone and tried again.  It still wouldn't load!  I wanted to check if it would load any of the other podcasts the app offers, so I clicked on BYU-Idaho Devotionals.  It loaded them just fine.  I was about to go back tot he Book of Mormon to try again, but the top devotional caught my eye.  It was titled "Fear Not."

I feel very strongly that Heavenly Father wanted me to hear that devotional today.  I listened to it all, extending my walk home so that I could enjoy the fresh air while listening.  It was really good!!!

The most important thing I learned from it is that my trials are uniquely mine, and that I am uniquely equipped to deal with them, overcome them, and grow from them.  God will always be there with me, through every sorrow and heartache.  And, if I will live His Gospel, I will be able to experience abiding peace in the midst of deepest pain.



Maybe this is a message that could help you right now.  You can find the devotional talk here.

I haven't listened to a devotional in years, but I think I'll start listening to one each week.  You can find the archive of BYU-Idaho Devotionals and Speeches here.


No comments: