Last Thursday, the 15th of August, I woke up pretty early and couldn't go back to sleep. I had the thought that I could go take a pregnancy test, but it wasn't anything out of the ordinary for me to think. For the past 7 years, I have woken up thinking that at least once, if not two or three times a month! And over the years, I have wasted a LOT of pregnancy tests... My period has never been reliable, but it happened quite often that my period would start in a matter of hours after I would get a negative result on a pregnancy test. Very. Frustrating.
So, on Thursday, I rolled out of bed and went downstairs so I wouldn't disturb Ryan. I pulled out the cheap, 88-cent pregnancy test that I had in my cupboard, and watched numbly as it started to reveal the results. It was early, the lighting wasn't the best, but I was pretty sure that I saw a line in the test region (the line that has ALWAYS been blank for me)! I ran upstairs and shook Ryan awake (so much for trying not to disturb him, eh?!), and asked, "Do you see a line there?! Do you?!" He tried not to get too excited, but said that it definitely justified getting a better pregnancy test...
Later that day, I went to the store and bought a more expensive test - the kind that independent agencies report has the best accuracy. And there it was again!!! A little faint, but still definitely a pink line!!! :) :) :) We could NOT wait to tell Nicole!!! And it was super hard to wait until the next day to tell our family!
Then, yesterday I took another pregnancy test (the box I bought had two in it), because I wanted to make sure that nothing had happened (like a chemical pregnancy). It was like the pink lines had switched places! I'm pretty sure that means that the amount of hCg in my body has increased a bunch--just like it's supposed to! :)
Last Friday I had to go get my blood drawn in order to have my thyroid levels checked. Having too much or too little thyroid hormone can be dangerous when you're pregnant, so we needed to get my levels checked right away. (My oncologist has had me on a very high dose of levothyroxin in order to help prevent the cancer from returning.) After I get my blood drawn, I have to ask for Co-Ban instead of a band-aid, because my skin reacts really poorly to the adhesive on band-aids. Nicole thought the Co-Ban was really cool, and used it as a headband after I was done with it. ;) She is so silly! :)
And I just had to put this last picture up. Walmart had this little picture thing sitting out by the dairy section, so Nicole thought it would be fun to go kayaking with a monkey. ;)





No comments:
Post a Comment