Tuesday, November 19, 2013

I may have changed my mind...

So, the survey I posted didn't get a ton of responses, but the responses I did get showed that you guys are equally divided!  Boy and Girl got the same amount of votes!

And, I think I changed my mind…I do think we'll have a boy now.  This change seemed to come about subconsciously (or unconsciously…?).  I realized that when I pray for the baby, I always use "him" instead of "her."  Nicole caught me saying "him" when I was telling her something about the baby this morning, and she quickly asked, "You already found out we're having a boy?!"  I reassured her that we haven't found out yet, and reminded her that she will get to be there when we do find out (in one week!).  :)

Ok, now for some fantastic news…after the backstory… ;)
Ryan applied for a full-time CT position in Pocatello last month.  He was called in for an interview, and it went really well.  They told him that they wanted someone hired right away, so he was very hopeful that he'd get the job.  A week after the interview, he called the guy who interviewed him to see where things stood, and the guy told him that as far as he was concerned, Ryan had the job, but that they still needed to get the approval from some other people first.  A week after that, Ryan called again, and the guy said that the other people wanted someone with more experience and decided to keep the position open longer to see what other applicants they could get…  Talk about depressing!!!  Then, this morning, the guy called Ryan and said, "You have the job!"  :)  He doesn't have a start date yet, but the HR department should be getting a hold of him soon, and hopefully he'll be working full-time by the end of next week!  :)  :)  :)  Talk about a Happy Thanksgiving!  ;)

God has blessed us with so many miracles, especially over these last 6 months.  I know that He has a hand in our lives, and I am grateful that we have been able to trust in His will.  Of course, it hasn't been easy, and I don't expect it to be a cake-walk from now on, but we are learning and growing, just as God intends.  :)

I feel our baby move a little more each day, which gets me super excited for when Ryan and Nicole will be able to feel him/her move.  :)  Right now, baby is between 5 1/2 and 6 inches long (from crown to rump), and he/she will be putting on quite a bit of weight over the next few weeks - starting to pack on the body fat.  Some days I look like I am pregnant, and other days I just look chubby…but last night Ryan assured me that I do look pregnant (and not chubby), which makes me feel a little better.  ;)  Maybe I'll start taking and posting some baby bump pics soon…  ;)  Over the weekend I put on a few pounds (by eating lots of delicious foods at Shaini's baby shower), but I'm nervously waiting to see if I can keep them on.

:)  :)  :)  :)  :)

No comments: