Last week we had LOTS of snow on our front yard…and now there is NONE! It's all grass… :( It even snowed a little this morning, but it all melted before noon. *sigh* And the Groundhog said we'd have 6 more weeks of winter… ;)
Nicole wanted to learn how to crochet, so I gave her a beginning lesson last week, and she picked it up a LOT faster than I expected! She still has a lot to learn, and hasn't completed any projects yet, but she wants to make a headband for her little sister. And maybe, if she gets the hang of it, she'll try making a flower like one of these to go on the headband. :) Since her lesson, I've been doing a lot more crocheting myself, and I made these matching flowers that I will hopefully be attaching to barrettes so that Nicole and Rebecca can have matching hair accessories. :) Flowers are fun to crochet!
Aubrey threw a baby shower for me on Saturday, and I felt so loved by all of the family and friends who showed up! (I apologize to those who were unable to attend because it was such short notice and/or because of distance to travel… I also apologize for not taking any pictures, but there are a few posted on Facebook, if you'd like to see them!) We had a light luncheon of soup & rolls, with cookies and brownies for dessert -- yum! :) We played some fun little games, and my favorite activity was where everyone wrote down some advice for little Rebecca for when she grows up. All of the advice was written on 3x5 cards, and put into a little box to be kept until Rebecca gets old enough to read it. :) I also liked how everyone got to guess when they think Rebecca will be born (date and time), and how big they think she'll be (weight and length). If anyone else wants to make some guesses on that, or if you have some advice for Rebecca that you'd like me to add to the box, just leave a comment or send me an email or text!!! :)
Since the baby shower, I feel a lot more prepared for Rebecca's arrival! We now have a small stockpile of diapers and wipes, as well as some super cute clothes for her to wear. I still have a lot of little things to get, but we have most of what we'll need (for the first month or so, at least). :) And I'm still trying to decide if it's worth it to splurge on a chair to put in our room for nursing…we've been checking D.I. and haven't found any decent ones, but the one I'd like from Walmart is $250… Any advice?
We had another check-up at the doctor's office yesterday, and everything is looking good. I was a bit worried because I have a lot of painful contractions, so the doctor did a quick ultrasound and said everything is fine -- cervix is not dilated or anything -- so that's good! And, since he was doing an ultrasound, the doctor checked again and said that we still have a little girl in there. ;)
We also got pre-registered up at the hospital, so we're all set for that! Rebecca's due date is exactly 2 months from today!!! :) On Saturday, I'll be 32 weeks along! Time is going by so quickly!!!
Next week, my "sister," Mindi, is getting married, and I'm so excited for her! :) I love weddings! :) I wonder what the weather will be like… ?!

No comments:
Post a Comment